Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)

I am horribly delinquent in my Filmchaw posting...though Julius Goat has not even attempted to take advantage of the delay. He's the worst opponent I have ever faced.

Anyway, I saw this movie in the theater, with my mommy and it was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! THIS is what Avatar should have been!

HowToTrainYourDragon

It's an animated story of a little Viking boy who lives on an island where dragon attacks are a daily occurrence. His father is the leader of the Viking clan and the biggest strongest bravest dragon fighter of them all.

But, he is, well, a little boy.

He's scrawny and bony and can't fight dragons. Not even a little bit.

His dad is all disappointed in him, so he tries to invent things to help bridge the gap between his physical shortcomings and the task of dragon fighting. One of these things is a slingshot type device (homage to David and Goliath duly noted.) Well, he tries out his slingshot and LO AND BEHOLD...IT WORKS! Um...by accident. He takes down one of the fastest, deadliest dragons! But when he runs down to where his prey had fallen he sees he's just wounded it...as he moves in for the kill...well, as the title is "How to Train your dragon," I don't think it's a spoiler to say he finds he just can't kill it. So...he trains it!

I won't say anymore, but it's a WONDERFUL story and cleverly done and Ugly Betty is the voice of the girl! And the girl is cool and kickass!

It was my mommy's first 3D movie watching experience and at the end she commented "It felt like the ash was getting in my eye."

So there's that. But don't worry. The ash isn't really getting in your eye.

4 comments:

Dawn Summers said...

Zero comments makes the baby Jesus cry.

Julius_Goat said...

I am burying you with withholding instead of with blog posts.

You're lucky I'm lazy.

Dawn Summers said...

hahahahah The drafts folder is hella intimidating!

Julius_Goat said...

My intentions are CRUSHING you!!!