Over on Formspring I got asked about the greatest movie quotes of all time, or, if I liked, the top five or ten. Naturally, I went to fifteen.
Here's mine. What are yours?
ETA: Can't believe I left out The Princess Bride, and probably will be reminded of a dozen others before all is said and done. For something this broad, you probably need 100.
15) "I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort."
- Pulp Fiction
14) ""Major Strasser has been shot. [pause] Round up the usual suspects.""
13) "If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco."
12) "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"
- Donnie Darko
11) "I know."
-The Empire Strikes Back
10) "Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
-The Third Man
9) "Yes! We're all individuals!"
-Life of Brian
8) "I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it."
7) "So, what am I doing? Oh, I'm chasing this guy. No . . . he's chasing me."
6) "Son, you got a panty on your head."
5) "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."
- Say Anything
4) "Don't call me Shirley."
3) "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know."
2) "Duck, I says."
1) "SAN DIEMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!!"
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure