- Hero (2002) - stunningly beautiful with the added bonus of Jet Li and some pretty nifty martial arts choreography
- The Kill Bills - just plain fun.
- Helvetica (2007) - it's a documentary about a typeface. Could I be any more of a design nerd?
- Mirror Mask (2005) - Neil Gaiman + Dave McKean = deliciously and darkly surreal.
- Tideland (2005) - really fucking disturbing, but poetic and haunting. Really haunting. Like, I'd like it out of my head now haunting.
- Coraline (2009) - another worlds-within-worlds story, the kind that Gaiman does so well.
- Shaun of the Dead (2004) - zombies and Brits. What's not to like?
- Bubba Ho-Tep (2002) - an ancient Egyptian zombie and Elvis. What's not to like?
- Planet Terror (2007) - more zombies. What's not to like?
- Crank (2006) - Two words: Jason Statham
- XXX (2002) - Two words: Vin Diesel
- Long Way Round - (2005) - Two friends ride their motorcycles around the world. Worth it for the Mongolian/Russian legs of the journey. Made me want an adventure and sparked the trip to Alaska.
- Stardust (2007) - another Gaiman story. Sensing a trend yet?
- Casino Royale (2006) - It's Bond. What more can I say.
- Bollywood Hollywood (2002) - I have a soft spot for Bollywood movies.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
jumpin' on the bandwagon
Since all the cool kids are doing it, I thought I'd throw up my favourite movies of the decade. In absolutely no order at all: