Friday, November 13, 2009

2012 -

Well... I just came back from watching 2012. I happened upon the movie by taking my 11 year old daughter and two of her friends to see Amelia. Fortunately, they are of age where "dad" isn't allowed to stay with them on nights out.

So why they watched Amelia, I went and saw 2012. By myself.

The first two hours lived up to all the hype. The special effects were awesome. The story line was believable. There was very serious, contemplative aspects to the plot. There was also very timely placed humor. All of which made for a very enjoyable movie.

Unfortunately, the film was 3 hours long. It was in this last hour that, for me, the movie fell apart. It became almost ridiculous. The goings on made it feel like a sci fi movie more than a human survival story.

All credibility in the film makers integrity was lost. It just seemed that they were reaching for an ending. An ending that would have been made a 100 x's better if everyone had just died. For me, the point of an end of the world movie is that the world ends. All of it. not just the earth itself, but all of it's inhabitants.

My recommendation? Must see. But not until you have nothing better to do on a rainy, boring, Saturday night in the dead of winter. Which is about how early I see this movie being released to DVD. My apologies to Goat for previous entries :)

1 comment:

Julius_Goat said...

"The story line was believable."


This is not believable.