Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hello, my name is Mary and I'm a filmaholic

Actually, I used to be a filmaholic but I've been clean for the last three years. I should be watching more movies but life seems to get in the way these days. That and being forced at gunpoint by Dawn Summers to watch the entire Buffy and Angel series. I find it very surprising that I never watched these when they originally aired - they were made specifically for my goth/industrial lifestyle back then. Ah well, I'm getting off topic.

I thought I do a simple introduction, no fanfare. I was going to list some of my favourite directors and why they are on the list but instead, I'll just use some pretty pictures.

My posts here will most likely be sporadic but in September, a friend of mine and Dawn Summers is producing a Comedy Film Festival for the Friars Club so I'm sure to have some reviews from that. I know he's got the latest Coen Brothers film for opening night and as you'll see from the pretty pictures below, I'm a Coen Brothers fan so there will be a review.

Okay, enough rambling.

Some of my fav directors (in alphabetical order):


Tim Burton, Edward Scissorhands


The Coen Brothers, O Brother Where Art Thou?


Terry Gilliam, Brazil


Stanley Kubrick, A Clockwork Orange


David Lynch, Eraserhead

I'm also a big fan of animation. I try to go to all the animation film festivals so hopefully I'll have some reviews for you. Here are some of my fav animation directors/studios:


The Brothers Quay, Street of Crocodiles


Hayao Miyazaki, Studio Ghibli, Spirited Away


Nick Park, Aardman Animations, The Wrong Trousers


Pixar Animation Studios, Toy Story

6 comments:

Dawn Summers said...

heeeey, I'M THE GIRL AROUND HERE! You not only didn't post any Zac Ephron pictures, you like didn't even mention him! #getout #iwillfightyou #bringmekeylimecupcakesandwerecool

madbrooklyn said...

Oooh, cat fight cat fight.

I'm sure Katitude would have something to say about being the girl around here. But don't worry, I will not be posting anything about the girlie films you like to watch.

And the chances of me posting any Zac-boy photos are slim to none.

Besides, I included plenty of photos of handsome men in my post.

: )

Julius_Goat said...

The Real Dawn Summers, Mary, Katitude, and my very own siter Emily (AKA the talented writer in the family)are the girly section of FilmChaw.

More are welcome, of course.

Tyler Perry is a douche.

BWoP said...

"Favourite"???

Are you secretly Canadian?

madbrooklyn said...

Um...it's an affectation from childhood, sort of like how I wear my watch on my right hand even though I'm right handed.

When I was a tiny tot I fell in love with all things Irish, Scottish and British. For some reason, I wanted to move to the Scottish highlands and wear kilts. I can't even cite the source of this desire. Thus started my spelling changes. It would lead to much havoc in school, but as a straight-A student, I guess the teachers turned a blind eye to my affectation.

Katitude said...

Dawn, your twitter hashtags have no power here!