Sunday, August 16, 2009

A certain je ne sais quoi

Julius Goat is one talented writer.

He also comes up with brilliant ideas that spark group participation, like this here blog.

I like films, particularly French films (by virtue of Canada's public school system and progressive, well-educated parents who leapt at Trudeau's bilingualism agenda of the late seventies I am fluent in the language) and I have an unabashed enthusiasm for intelligent SF (sadly, this is a genre in which Hollywood rarely succeeds). So I will be delving into these film genres and exercising my protesting cinema muscles in an attempt to chronicle my thoughts on various films I've watched over the years.

Julius Goat is one talented writer.

I am a foolish person. Now I can't help but have my shortcomings as a writer magnified by direct comparison to his efforts.

5 comments:

Julius_Goat said...

Welcome to the club!

Fuel55 said...

Talented and lazy.

Julius_Goat said...

Silly Fuel. I'm writing like a writing storm, and my words are like writing thunder and writing lightning and . . . the metaphor is breaking down.

Sean D said...

Fuel is Ghey (that's how you neutralize his first strike capability)

Shrike said...

Fuel is also lazy. Pot calling kettle black, methinks.